It’s Friendship Friday! This is the day to focus on giving back or paying it forward. Have you realized that it’s not the big things that break you? It’s usually the littlest thing that drives you to your knees. And, on the upside, it’s the littlest thing that can bring you up out of your pit.
Lately I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed. Too much to do and not enough time. You know how this goes, right? One day, especially, I had decided that it was just too much. I was on the verge of giving up.
Just at that moment Joel (hubby) walks in and sees my head on the table. He doesn’t ask what’s wrong. He just asks me to stand up and then he precedes to envelope me with a huge bear hug. When he doesn’t stop after about a minute I ask him what he’s doing. He simply says, “I am holding you until all your pieces are back together again”.
Who is your rock or person that knows you well enough to just hold you? Maybe it’s not a hug, but it’s a note or a clean house or…
We all need someone to put us back together again.
With inky fingers,
As I sit here resting today I am browsing through my catalog. There are tons of pages with tons of ideas, colors, and products. Are you overwhelmed? Is your wishlist too long? Let me help. Here’s one place to start.
- Start with a black ink pad. Since it’s neutral it can be used for just about everything. If you are coloring then you would want the memento pad for the stampin’ blends or anything that is alcohol-based. You would want the staz-on pad for everything else (markers, pencils, aqua painter, blender pens). Just remember that opposites attract. You want an alcohol-based pad with non-alcohol products and a non-alcohol pad with alcohol-based products.
- Pick one pack of a variety of cardstock.
- Get a Versamark Pad. This will allow you to emboss or create a watermark image which can be used for backgrounds.
- Stay with one suite. Choose your style and order from that one suite, for now.
- Order watercolor pencils so you can shade and create a variety of looks.
If you are still not convinced to pare down that list you might look at the promotion that gets you $125 in product for $99 with no shipping fees. And for this month only you get a stack of ink pads as a bonus for FREE! Contact me for more details.
With inky fingers,
Lately I have been feeling that I am behind. I am not prepared and just not ready. Most of the time this is just a feeling but sometimes I am caught off guard. With not being prepared comes anxiety, more cost, stress, and time to overcome a meltdown. Have you ever felt like this? Just overwhelmed?
So, how do you overcome the overwhelm? If you google this there are so many articles that come up. Some say write a to do list. Others say take a bath. Exercise. Set a timer.
I say do what works for you. And for me, it depends. It depends on what I am working on. It depends if I like the project. It depends if I am already cranky. It even depends on the time of day.
My solution is not to take a bath. I know that. I lay in the nice water trying to relax and all I can think about is that I am doing nothing to help myself. My solution is usually to obsess over it for a bit, write a to do list to break it down into smaller chunks, and GET STARTED! I will often set a timer or tell myself when I should be done. I like a good race. If you haven’t figured it out yet I’m a little competitive, even with myself.
The key here is to do whatever it takes to help yourself to get to that action step. Action is what will help you to finish.
I am telling you this in hopes that you can finish earlier and be able to relax, truly relax.
With inky fingers,