It’s Sabbath Sunday! This is the day to rest so you can be recharged for the week.
Have you noticed that if you google rest, relax, or recharge almost all of the images are of a beach scene? If it’s not a beach scene it’s someone napping in a hammock, their feet are up, doing yoga, or reading a book. The one thing in common that is displayed is calm. It looks something like this usually.
In order to fully relax you need to be calm or at peace. It’s very difficult to recharge if you are still spinning and using up your battery. And to be at peace you need to rest. I found some tips on how to relax if you are stressed that were useful.
- Reserve the bed for sleep and sex only, and keep work out of the bedroom.
- Keep the bedroom cool and quiet.
- Develop a bedroom routine and stick with it every day.
- Turn off all bright lights,including alarm clocks and phone notifications.
- Avoid looking at the clock when you’re trying to fall asleep or if you wake up in the middle of the night.
I don’t know about you but many of these guidelines I do not follow. I would probably sleep better if I did. Which of these tips are you breaking? Which will you implement?
With inky fingers,