It’s Tutorial Thursday! Today I want to show you how to create a floating card.
Here are the measurements.
Floating Tree Card
- Thick White Card Stock cut with the Paper Trimmer to 5 ½” X 8 ½”. Scored on the 8 ½” side at 4 ¼”. This is your card base.
- Take scrap of Brushed Metallic 12” X 12” and cut large circle frame with Layering Circles Dies. Then emboss with Timber 3D Embossing Folder. Cut in half with Snips.
- Take the size in between the circular gold frame and cut a semi circle out of the card base. Tip: Make sure that the cut-out is less than half of the circle so the gold frame will fit.
- Cut a piece of fishing line or clear jewelry line approximately 6”. Attach with Mini Glue Dots to the edge of the cutout on the white card base.
- Then after attaching the clear line attach the gold semi-circle over with Mini Glue Dots.
- Then cut a tree twice to become the floating piece. Attach to clear line with Mini Glue Dots or Multipurpose Glue.
- Then stamp sentiment with Versamark Ink, sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder, and heat with Heat Tool.
To watch it being created please go to https://youtu.be/VHBUxaGgkpg.
With inky fingers,