It’s Tutorial Thursday! Today I want to show you how to create a pop up card.
The pop up portion of the card is in the middle, not on the front.
For this card you will need:
- Thick Basic White Card Stock cut with the Paper Trimmer to 4 ¼” X 11”. On the 11” side scored at 5 ½”. This is your card base.
- Shaded Spruce Card Stock cut to 3 ¾” X 10 ½”. Notch pop ups. Tip: Use post-it note so you know where to stop for more even cuts. Attach with Stampin’ Seal on both ends only. Refer to video for more detailed directions.
- Basic White Card Stock cut to 3 ½” X 3 ½”. You will need two of these. This measurement may change. You will need to measure across and down from where the notch or pop up starts to the bottom. Make sure to take off 1/2″ from both sides to get the proper mat. Stamp with greeting (sample uses Evening Evergreen Ink) for inside from the Speedy Recovery Cling Stamp Set. (To order this stamp set simply use the link https://www.stampinup.com/products/speedy-recovery-cling-stamp-set-english?hostcode=4QUEJUAS that will be good through November 30.)
- Accent pieces for tissue box on pop up. Stamp in Evening Evergreen on Basic White Card Stock and then cut out with Snips. Attach to pop up with Mini Glue Dots. Then cut a tissue and attach to the tissue box with Mini Glue Dots.
- Cut the front Shaded Spruce Card Stock to 3 ¾” X 5” with the Paper Trimmer. This is the outer mat on the front of the card. Attach with Stampin’ Seal.
- Cut the Basic White Card Stock to 3 ¼” X 4 ½” with the Paper Trimmer. Stamp the flowers and words in Evening Evergreen Ink. Then use a Blender Pen to color the flowers and leaves. The heart is colored with the Dark Sweet Sorbet Stampin’ Blends. Then attach to outer mat with Stampin’ Seal.
To see the other card as well as to get full instructions please go to the video at https://youtu.be/UzZionzaMQ0.
When you create a similar card using this pop up technique please post the finished project on my page at https://facebook.com/StampingWithJoni.
With inky fingers,