It’s Friendship Friday! Today is the day to focus on giving back or paying it forward.
I thought I’d share 10 reasons of why people give back. I know when I volunteer many of these beliefs are what get me up in the morning.
- Make an impact.
- To help your community. This is not necessarily the city you live in, but your circle of friends, resources, or trust that you rely on.
- Meet others or to be social.
- Improve your own health.
- Take the lead. By practicing leadership you become better at leading.
- Share expertise. By teaching someone else you will become better at what you do.
- Improve your skills or learn new ones by offering to help.
- Build your resume.
- Find new opportunities. When you network with new people you find new things to explore. This could be a new friend, a new skill, or even a new career.
- Because it just plain feels good.
If you’ve been around a minute you know how I am always talking about the impact you create, the ripple, how to help others, etc. And now you know why.
I think my number one why I volunteer or give back is to make an impact no matter how small. What’s your reason to volunteer?
With inky fingers,
P.S. This list was taken and adapted from https://createthegood.aarp.org/volunteer-ideas/reasons-to-give-back.html?site-map=.