It’s Technique Thursday! Today I am talking about cutting down your mat smaller to have more drama or accent.
On this card with the Peaceful Poppies Stamp Set I used the Pear Pizzazz Marker and the Seaside Spray Marker to color the stamp. I then huffed or breathed on it and then stamped on to the white card stock. With me breathing on it the effect is somewhat of a water-colored one. Then I stamped the sentiment with Memento Ink over the stamped image.
Here are the mat sizes.
- Card base 4 1/4″ X 11″. On the 11″ side scored at 5 1/2″.
- Seaside Spray outer mat 5 1/4″ X 4″.
- Basic Black outer mat 5″ X 3 3/4″.
- Seaside Spray inner mat 4 3/4″ X 3 1/2″.
- Basic Black inner mat 3 1/2″ X 2 1/4″.
- Whisper White inner mat 3 1/4″ X 2″.
The only thing I would have done different is to stamp off on to a scrap mat after the marker and huffing. This would make the stamped image one or two shades lighter.
With inky fingers,