It’s Tutorial Thursday! Today we are creating a faux shaker card.
You are probably asking what this means…a faux shaker card. It means it looks like a shaker card without the pocket sealed. Everything is glued down.
Here is the card that is being created with instructions and video to follow.
- Cut Thick Whisper White Card Stock with the Paper Trimmer to 4 1/4″ X 11″. On the 11″ side score at 5 1/2″.
- Cut Basic Black Card Stock to 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- Take a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and cut out from the Heirloom Dies a rectangle and then emboss.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet to a little bit beyond the opening. Attach to the frame with Mini Glue Dots.
- Attach the frame with window sheet to the mat with Adhesive Foam Strips. Tip: You might want to put a dimensional or two on the top if the strips don’t come all the way up.
- Take a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and cut to 1 3/4″ X 4″. Punch with a Tag Topper Punch. Use the Trio Punch to round the corners. Take a piece of ribbon or a strip of paper for the top of the tag. Tip: To keep the ribbon cinched tight use a glue dot on the middle of the knot.
- Insert into the pocket to create your faux shaker card.
To view the video please go to https://youtu.be/4C84LOAwc8Y.
With inky fingers,